Monday, February 15, 2010

Sunday's Lunch Conversation

Preface: For a little family fun, we went to GameWorks at Circle Center Mall on Saturday. Long story, short...while there our game card got stolen (we're pretty sure it was someone from a group of teenagers that walked by).

This is the conversation that took place at our table during lunch on Sunday afternoon, the following day.

********************************
Sean and I were talking when out of the blue...

Ian: I'm really mad at that guy for taking our card. I want to punch him!

(Sean & I were shocked that Ian said he wanted to punch someone!)

Me: Well Ian, it's not nice to punch anyone. But it also wasn't nice for that guy to take the card was it?

Ian: No, I think he's a bad guy!

Me: Well, hopefully Jesus can help that bad guy become a good guy.

Ian: But why is he a bad guy?

Sean: We don't know. Maybe he doesn't have a family who loves him, and to teach him to be nice?

Ian: You know what that bad guys name was? SATAN! Maybe Jesus Christ can help Satan to become a good guy!

(Sean & I couldn't help but laugh at this! How sweet and cute is that?)

Me: I don't think that the bad guys name was Satan, Ian. But I do think that Satan told that guy to take the card. That guy didn't make a good choice by listening to Satan did he?

Ian: No, I don't want to listen to Satan, I want to listen to Jesus Christ!

7 comments:

Nate + Carlee said...

precious!

Pini said...

So cute. I love the way they soak up so much at this age. They really listen and learn! CTR!

MKSIMS said...

You better be on your best behavior!!! Ian's watching! So cute...

Meaghan said...

See they really are listening!

Jami said...

Don't kids say the funniest things!

Anonymous said...

oh that is so sweet! You are such a good mommmy

Ruth said...

Cute! You guys are such good parents. Thanks for sharing!