(This happened a couple months ago...Hence the June date. I just realized I never finished writing it! Sorry it took so long to post...Aug. 6th! Yikes!)
Sunday was a rough day for Ian at church. Rough as in there were alot of things that he got really sad about...NOT that he behaved badly. He was actually very good at church.
When I was putting Ian to bed we knelt down together by the side of his bed to say his own evening prayer after family prayer. Kneeling there he proceeded to tell about all the things that had happened during the day that made him sad. He told about how he was sad because he didn't get to say the closing prayer in primary. He was sad that it wasn't his birthday and that we didn't sing to him...and he was sad because we had to leave and go home from church and he couldn't play with his friends anymore.
As I listened to my sweet little boy praying to his Father in Heaven the tears started streaming from my eyes. There was Ian a child of three years old, truly crying unto the Lord and pouring out his little heart in prayer. I was humbled by that sweet prayer. I was amazed at the spirit that radiated from my precious little boy. He was praying as we have been taught to pray. I thought of how often I go to my Father in Heaven and give prayers of thanks, or ask for simple blessings. Yet do I truly pour out my heart or cry unto the Lord when I am sad and having a hard time? Definately not as often as I should!
I am so thankful for Ian. I am so thankful to be his mother and to have his sweet and innocent spirit in my home. I am thankful for the lessons that he at such a young age helps me to learn.
I love him so much!
Sunday was a rough day for Ian at church. Rough as in there were alot of things that he got really sad about...NOT that he behaved badly. He was actually very good at church.When I was putting Ian to bed we knelt down together by the side of his bed to say his own evening prayer after family prayer. Kneeling there he proceeded to tell about all the things that had happened during the day that made him sad. He told about how he was sad because he didn't get to say the closing prayer in primary. He was sad that it wasn't his birthday and that we didn't sing to him...and he was sad because we had to leave and go home from church and he couldn't play with his friends anymore.
As I listened to my sweet little boy praying to his Father in Heaven the tears started streaming from my eyes. There was Ian a child of three years old, truly crying unto the Lord and pouring out his little heart in prayer. I was humbled by that sweet prayer. I was amazed at the spirit that radiated from my precious little boy. He was praying as we have been taught to pray. I thought of how often I go to my Father in Heaven and give prayers of thanks, or ask for simple blessings. Yet do I truly pour out my heart or cry unto the Lord when I am sad and having a hard time? Definately not as often as I should!
I am so thankful for Ian. I am so thankful to be his mother and to have his sweet and innocent spirit in my home. I am thankful for the lessons that he at such a young age helps me to learn.
I love him so much!
2 comments:
"And a little child shall lead them,"
What a sweet family, grateful for the foundation you are laying for the eternities. We all have bad days, bless you Ian for turning to Heavenly Father to share in yours!
Much love,
Mom/Grammy Haynes
What a sweetheart. Children make the best teachers. Give your boys a kiss and hug for me Jessica. Make sure you TELL THEM it is from me! We miss you.
Post a Comment