Well, it has been quite awhile since I have blogged about Ian's potty training. So I thought I would give you all a last and final update about how he is doing. Ian is completely POTTY TRAINED! YOO-HOO! He now goes pee standing up. Tells me most of the time when he needs to go (sometimes I have to remind him, if it has been awhile and he is really distracted by toys, playing, cartoons, etc). He has woke up dry EVERY SINGLE morning! (We have still been having him wear a diaper at night "just in case", but he hasn't needed to! He has actually started to ask us to wear his underwear to bed instead of the diapers! We told him as soon as all of his diapers are gone he can start wearing undies to bed...he only has 2-3 left!) He has one or more regular bowel movements every day! And he can go potty all by himself if need be! Example: The other morning Ian woke up while I had hopped in the shower, but after Sean had already left for school. He told me he needed to go potty. So I told him to go to his bathroom, get his stool, turn the light on, go potty, then take his stool into his bedroom and get himself a pair of underwear (his undies are in the top drawer...a little to high for him to reach himself). When I got out of the shower and went to check on him, he was done in the bathroom. No messes, he had gone pee and poo, and had put his underwear and pj bottoms back on all by himself! *The only thing I'd ask for on improvement with all that...is for him to remember to flush the toilet, wipe his bum better, and remember to wash his hands! But hey...for the doing all that on his own the first time, I thought he did great! Way to go Ian! What a BIG boy you are!Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Adventures of Potty Training: Entry 6
Well, it has been quite awhile since I have blogged about Ian's potty training. So I thought I would give you all a last and final update about how he is doing. Ian is completely POTTY TRAINED! YOO-HOO! He now goes pee standing up. Tells me most of the time when he needs to go (sometimes I have to remind him, if it has been awhile and he is really distracted by toys, playing, cartoons, etc). He has woke up dry EVERY SINGLE morning! (We have still been having him wear a diaper at night "just in case", but he hasn't needed to! He has actually started to ask us to wear his underwear to bed instead of the diapers! We told him as soon as all of his diapers are gone he can start wearing undies to bed...he only has 2-3 left!) He has one or more regular bowel movements every day! And he can go potty all by himself if need be! Example: The other morning Ian woke up while I had hopped in the shower, but after Sean had already left for school. He told me he needed to go potty. So I told him to go to his bathroom, get his stool, turn the light on, go potty, then take his stool into his bedroom and get himself a pair of underwear (his undies are in the top drawer...a little to high for him to reach himself). When I got out of the shower and went to check on him, he was done in the bathroom. No messes, he had gone pee and poo, and had put his underwear and pj bottoms back on all by himself! *The only thing I'd ask for on improvement with all that...is for him to remember to flush the toilet, wipe his bum better, and remember to wash his hands! But hey...for the doing all that on his own the first time, I thought he did great! Way to go Ian! What a BIG boy you are!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's great! I keep telling myself I should be trying harder with Ellie but since I'll be leaving for Utah a week from today and will be gone for a month I think I'll wait until I get back. If you have any advice let me know!
Post a Comment