
I didn't post last night. Sorry to everyone out there who has been diligently following Ian's potty training adventures. I put Ian and Noah in the bath last night, and then went about getting there pj's and things ready for bed, and doing some nightly whined down clean up while the kids played a little bit in the bathtub. When I came back know what I found? WATER, WATER, EVERYWHERE! They dumped half of a full bathtub of water on the floor! I swear there was an inch of water on the floor! There was so much water that it went all the way to the door and started to seep up into the carpet! So instead of blogging last night...which probably wouldn't have been a good thing since I was fuming mad, I was cleaning up a HUGE water mess! We still have the fans running today on the carpet just outside the bathroom door to help it dry out! I asked Ian why he had dumped all the water on the floor?
He replied, "I was making Mud Soup!"
WHAT?!?!?!?! Where does this kid come up with this stuff? I told Ian that if he every wanted to make "Mud Soup" again to make it outside!!! He questioned, "Outside?" I explained to him that mud is found outside, and that if wanted to make "Mud Soup" that he would have to go outside to make it. And that we NEVER make "Mud Soup" inside on the bathroom floor!
So, that was our BIG drama last night. Potty training is still going really well. There hasn't really been any funny stories about it though. He stayed completely dry yesterday. We even went over to a lady's home from our ward because I had a meeting for Young Women's Camp. We took his potty seat with us, and he did great! Then he did really good again today, however he did have one accident. He came and told me that he had to go potty, but by the time we got to the bathroom, he had gone! Poor kid! A step in the right direction though with telling me when that he needed to go. Also, this is really exciting...Ian has woke up DRY the last two mornings in a row! I've still been having him sleep in diapers, but instead of letting him start to play a little bit when he first wakes up, I have taken him straight into the bathroom once he has come to say Good Morning to me! WAY TO GO IAN! GOOD JOB! I'm hoping that in maybe the next few days, we will be able to start working on overnight potty training! We will see how it goes, and I will keep you all informed! Also, Ian went poop again last night on the potty, however he didn't today. I got a couple of really good ideas on how to avoid constipation while potty training, and on how to get Ian to start having regular BM's! Thanks Aunt Marlyce, and Melissa for the great tips! (If you would like to know these tips, refer to the comments on Entry 3).
Well, I think that's just about all I have to tell about potty training! It's going REALLY, REALLY well! We are so proud of Ian! He's such a good little boy! I can't believe it's been 5 days of potty training now! And with only 2 accidents!!! I'm AMAZED! I was prepared to be doing like at least 1 load of dirty potty training clothes each day! I am SO EXCITED that I haven't had too!
No comments:
Post a Comment