The Effingham County Fair took place awhile back, and since the fairgrounds are seriously less than 5 minutes from our place we knew we couldn't pass up the opportunity to go!
Ian is finally big enough to go on most of the "Big Kid" rides! Hooray! I finally have a partner to go on rides with! Sean gets really bad motion sickness, so he usually opts out on rides.
I let Ian pick most of the rides to go on. I was impressed by which ones he chose! When we were on this ride together, the two other boys that were riding with us looked like they were going to puke! I think I'm actually asking one of the boys if he was going to be OK in this picture!

While I took Ian on "Big Kid" rides, Daddy took Noah on some of the "Kiddie" rides! This was the first time Noah has been on rides at the fair! His faces are PRICELESS! I love it!
"I'm going to get you Daddy!"
We wanted the boys to go on a few rides together. Ian was a really good sport to go on some of the "kiddie" rides with Noah!
Noah, "Whoa!"
No, Ian is NOT puking here, he put his head down at the last minute when we were taking the picture!
Little Stinker!!!!
See this ride? See how TALL it is?
That's right! Ian wanted to go on it!!! I tell you this boy is FEARLESS!
(Side note: please excuse our nastiness in these pictures! It was 98 degrees with 100% humidity that day! I was feeling and looking particularly bloated! YUCK!)

This is when the ride started to go up! It had an awesome view! The boy with us was a little scared I think! I asked him if he was OK too! He pretended to be tough and just nodded!

Going up!
And up!
And up!
Then THE DROP!!!
Ian's comment at the end, "It was cool! Can we go again!!!"
We would have gone again, except by that time all the teenagers were starting to arrive at the fair! The lines got super long! So he settled on this one...a mini version of his previous ride!
I think he liked this one better because he got to go on it all by himself without Mom!
We had such a good time!!! Fun times as a family! By the end we were all ready to leave though! I think the heat and humidity just about did us in that night!















1 comment:
Wow, Ian definitely is a fearless little boy. Glad you have a ride buddy now. I'm with Sean on the motion sickness.
Post a Comment