It's A Little Bit Redneck when...
The town you are living in is named
E*#$&%ham
(Effingham)...
That town is the proud home of a 198 foot cross...
The local knickname for your favorite sausage dip is "Buzzard Puke"...
Your patients threaten to remove their own teeth with a
hammer, screwdriver, and pliers...
The "Gentleman's Bar" boasts that they've got the best
"On-Call One LEGGED Stripper" around! ...
The couch that is in the front yard is NOT meant for trash pick up...
Your husband might fit in better if this was his mugshot....
Jerry Springer is on your TV set trying to sell you a car...
And the grand finale
(DRUM ROLL PLEASE)
You know It's A Little Bit Redneck...
When the only place around to rent is
a 5,000 sq ft renovated Baptist Church!
That's right folks this is where we are living!
Welcome to our world for the next 2-3 years!
Call us crazy but we actually love it here!
We love our little branch, everyone here has quickly welcomed us in and in return they have found their way into our hearts!
Sean is enjoying work and the people he is working with. It's so nice to have more family time!!!
And although the town is small and doesn't have as much to offer as the city, we have found so much beauty and peace here!



















7 comments:
Ok, those pics of the "do it yourself extractions" made me cringe! The scenery pictures were so pretty...love the train! :) I wanna see pictures of the inside of your house! It's HUGE!
Your house looks AWESOME! So much room for the boys to run. I too want to see inside pictures.
You are too funny. I'm glad your enjoying it there!
Unfortunately the new swing set and fire pit are at the in laws. Matt & his dad built a swing set at our house back in June. The new one at grandma & grandpas is bigger than ours.
That's too funny! It's a whole new world. I'm glad you guys like it there. Congrats on finishing dental school. That is a huge accomplishment for both of you. :) It really is a small world. Sarah and I were college roommates. She is a blast.
Wow, Jess. You are so creative and funny! You definitely get the "great writer" award. That was a really fun post to read. (Please forgive me for not calling sooner. I swear I will find the time to stop and call soon. Thanks for the congrats.) We can't wait to hear where you guys really end up living (house-wise). I'm so glad to hear that you guys are loving it there.
Oh Jessica! I LOVED this post... all the things you've told me about that I could only picture in my head, and now I've got real pictures to put with my own images! Hilarious! Miss you guys! All I have to say, though, is better a 5,000 square foot renovated Baptist Church than living in one bedroom in someone else's house! Can't wait 'til we get our first paychecks!
Post a Comment