Last night when Sean and I were putting Ian to bed we knelt down to say family prayer. Ian LOVES to say prayers, and lately he really has NOT been wanting ANY help with saying them. We are proud that he is becoming such a big boy in so many ways! He says the cutest prayers. He always talks about his toys, movies, and things that we've done that day. Sometimes he even makes up funny words, and we have no idea what he's talking about! But it's cute! Last night his prayer truly touched our hearts. This was the beginning of his prayer, "Our dear Heavenly Father, We're thankful for the bread and the water at church. Thankful for our blessings. Thankful for Mother's Day and our two Grandmas." (We had just finished calling both Sean's mom and mine before putting him to bed). He then continued to pray about toys, etc. He was so reverent, and it was such a sweet prayer.Both Sean and I were amazed by his prayer! It was so touching to hear Ian tenderly say all on his own that he was thankful for the sacrament. The last couple of weeks we've really been working with him to quitely and revently sit while the sacrament is being passed. We've been teaching him that it is a time to remember and to think about Jesus. We don't let him play with toys, color or even look at books during this time(unless it is a book about Jesus). He has been such a sweet reverent boy! He sits with his arms folded for most of the time and he loves to watch the priesthood young men pass the sacrament. He gets so excited when it is his turn to take the sacrament! I am thankful for such a sweet little boy and spirit! I am so grateful to be the mother of such a special loving little boy! I am thankful that Ian is "thankful for the bread and water and church". I am thankful for the "bread and water" too, and thankful for my Savior whom we partake of the sacrament in rememberance of.
4 comments:
hi jessica! i'm so glad you found me. i love your blog! you've got a beautiful family.
so funny, i've been reminiscing about those camp leader days too, cause i'm preggo again & cannot believe i was camping in my first trimester i know for sure i would NEVER do that again!!!!
i had no idea then what i know now. lol!
much love,
ttyl!
This was such a beautiful post! What wonderful parents you guys are! Happy Mother's day!! (I'm Sean's cousin, Randy's sister Marlyce's daughter. I love seeing how you guys are doing!)
So cute! I miss you! ~VME
So sweet! :-)
Post a Comment