Thursday, April 2, 2009

My Monet

This morning after breakfast Ian wanted to color at the kitchen table while I did the dishes. So we got out his paper, stickers, and markers, got him all situated and then he went work. As I washed the dishes he colored and worked quietly. Noah was in the living room playing with toys, so really it was a quiet peaceful morning. They were both being so good that I was able to get all the dishes done, wipe down the counters, clean the top of the stove, and take out all the burners on the stove top, clean them and clean underneath all the burners too! WOW! I was impressed that my kids let me clean! Well, about the time I was done with all the cleaning, Ian decided he was done coloring and asked to be let out of the kitchen. I let him out into the living to play with Noah, then went to clean up/ put away his coloring supplies. When I went to pick up this is what I found!!!
Ian drew an ANTHILL!
Complete with ant stickers of them carrying food to the top of their hill! I was so impressed! I flipped through his notebook of paper to see what else he had drawn before the anthill and this is what I found....
MORE ANTHILLS!!!



Obviously he wasn't satisfied with the first few drawings he did, so he kept at it until he drew an anthill that he liked, then proceeded to put the stickers of the ants on it! What a cute, smart, and funny little guy! I think we might have an artist in the family! What do you think?

No comments: