For Halloween we had the boys dress up as pirates! We were going to have Sean and myself dress up as well...but time got away from us, so it was just the boys! They were so cute! This year Ian really got into it! He was really excited about dressing up! And all day I had talked up the fact that he would get to go trick-or-treating. I made him a homemade pirate bag for putting his candy in, and so after I was finished making it I explained to him that we would walk from house to house and he would need to go up to the people and say TRICK-OR-TREAT and then they would give him a piece of candy. Then I had him practice by coming up to me with his bag and say trick-or-treat. He got really excited when I put candy in his bag! He was ready to go right away after that. However, it was like 2 in the afternoon, so I told him that we had to wait for daddy to get home, then we would eat dinner, and that he had to put his costume on. He was fine with that. But he still carried his pirate bag around with him the rest of the afternoon. He was really good to, he didn't even try to eat the candy that I had put inside earlier. That was a surprise!
That night when Sean got home Ian promptly reminded us that it was time to go trick-or-treating. We told him that we had to have dinner first...which he was so excited about going out that it took him forever to eat! So in the mean time I got Noah fed, and dressed in his costume. Right after I finished dressing Noah our neighbor Doris (Ian calls her Grandma) came over to see us. She immediately took Noah from me and took him outside in all the festivities(trick-or-treaters were already out). It was nice not to have Noah to look after while we got Ian in his costume, I think it made him feel extra special that he got both mom and dads attention for a few minutes with no brother around!
After Ian was all decked out in his costume, it was out the door for Halloween FUN! And FUN he had. We went from house to house, and after we finished at one house on our walk between the next he'd say: "I want to trick-or-treat again!" It was so cute! So we let him keep going! In our county the hours of Trick-or-Treating were from 6-8pm. We were probably out by about 6:30-6:45, and Ian didn't want to stop the whole time. Finally, at about 8ish it was getting dark and we went to a house that had dry ice coming out of it, it was dark and they were playing kind of scary music...he started to go up to it, but then he got a little scared and started to cry. It was so sad. I had to remind him that Halloween isn't scary, it's just pretend. (There is this show called Super Why on PBS that he likes and it had a special show on for Halloween where one of the characters gets scared and the other characters on the show go around and show him that Halloween isn't scary it's just pretend). After I reminded him of his show he was fine after that, but at this point Sean and I thought it would be a good stopping point so we carried the boys home to get a couple of pictures of them together since Noah was stolen earlier before they were both dressed up.

After we got home from Trick-or-Treating and started taking off Ian's costume, he wanted to see himself in the mirror! Look at this cute boy, checking himself out! What a cheeseter!
It was a very fun evening! The boys were so cute! We got so many cosmpliments on both of them. But Ian had the most! Our neighbors said Ian won best costume 2 years in a row, and almost everyone we passed complimented him or said how good he looked! And of course I agree that my kids were the best dressed and had the best costumes for Halloween! Ian had so much fun! Even now the day after he was still talking about trick-or-treating half of the day, and wearing/playing with different pieces of his costume the other half...and of course asking for candy ALL DAY!
1 comment:
Super cute pirates! It's so much more fun when your kids are old enough to get excited isn't it? Looks like you guys had a great time.
Post a Comment