This morning as I was getting ready for the day, Ian woke up and came into the bathroom to say good morning. Then he patiently played as I finished up so we could go downstairs to have breakfast. While he was playing he saw the dental floss sitting on the counter and asked what it was.(I know I'm an awful dental wife! My kid didn't know what dental floss was until this morning!) Since he is at a good age to be learning, I decided I'd seize this opportunity to teach him about flossing. I pulled out a long piece for myself and showed him how I floss my teeth. I told him that we floss our teeth to help clean them, like brushing so we don't get cavities. He was really excited and said he wanted to floss his teeth too! I thought it was so cute! He did a really good job trying to do it himself! So, here is Ian flossing his teeth himself:
Great job getting those bottom teeth!
It's a little hard to hold the floss sometimes!
Gotta move that floss back and forth!
"Look Mommy, I'm doing it all by myself!"
"Did I get everywhere?"
"ALL DONE!"
Yeah Ian for flossing your teeth! Now that he knows how to do it, and is excited about it, we will have to make it a routine to floss at one of our brushing times during the day! PS. Don't worry, after he was all done flossing himself I took over and made sure we got between all the spots he missed!
1 comment:
That is so cute. I took Rachel to the dentist for the first time when she was 18 months old and they told me to floss her teeth. well, since then, I have done it a grand total of zero. It just seems too difficult to try to floss their teeth at this age. How old is Ian??
Post a Comment